PADDLE JUNKIE MEMBERSHIP
Becoming a Paddle Junkies member is an investment in the local paddling community, and gives you access to some great benefits!
To become a member, please visit https://www.albertawhitewater.ca/club-membership-paddlejunkies-club
Once you have completed the membership form, signed the online waiver, and submitted your fee payment through PayPal, you will receive a welcome email from us, and we will unlock your account to access member-only events and activities.
Paddle Junkies members enjoy these benefits:
- Professionally-certified trip leaders
- Led runs for beginners on class 2 rivers
- Ladies’ Night paddles at Harvie Passage
- Connection with other paddlers to expand your paddling tribe
- Opportunities to advance your skills
- Special events such as Safety Days, camping trips, and Annual BBQs
- Discount at our partner shop, Aquabatics (www.aqoutdoors.ca)
- Opportunities to participate in shaping the direction of the club
A Paddle Junkies membership also automatically makes you a member of the Alberta Whitewater Association (AWA). This group provides:
- Insurance coverage for club- and AWA-sanctioned events
- Invitation to and participation at AWA-sponsored paddling festivals (including 3 Rivers Rendezvous, Kicking Horse Paddle Festival, Grande Cache Wild Water Rendezvous, Churchill River Whitewater Festival, Sundre Paddlefest, Slave River Festival, Jordan River Festival, Kanfest, and Fraser Fest)
- Access to subsidized AWA educational programs (http://www.albertawhitewater.ca/education)
- Access to other AWA clubs – you can participate in events hosted by another club!
- Travel subsidies and sponsorship for competitive youth
- $28 (including a $3 fee to the Alberta Whitewater Association)
Memberships fees are paid annually, and are valid for the calendar year. These fees must be paid in full before you will be considered a member in full standing, and before your account is allowed access to sign up for member-only events.